Subscriber Pro builds on the already powerful
Subscriber to provide an even easier to use script with many
advanced features you won't find in many other mailing list scripts.
Subscriber Pro includes support for an unlimited number of lists,
seperate per-list authentication, Sendmail and Blat mailer support,
bounced address filtering, timeout prevention, an optional SQL
database backend, a powerful plugin interface, and so much
Subscriber Pro previously cost $100, but as of October 2006, it is now free.
Donations are welcome. :)
In addition to all of the features of NP
Subscriber, you also get all of the following with NP Subscriber
PRO (not a complete list of all features):
- Unlimited # of Lists: Create and manage
all the lists that you want from the same script!
- Two Levels of Administration: Each list
has its own login. Futhermore, there is an overall admin password
that is used to configure the script. This administrator can access
and edit any list. This feature enables you to have control over
all of your mailing lists, while allowing other users to manage
- SQL Database Backend: If you have access to an SQL database, then you will probably be able to use it to speed up management of large lists in Subscriber Pro. The script is tested mainly with MySQL and lightly tested with PostgreSQL, but should support many others as well since no database-specific datatypes or functions are used.
- Bounced Address Filtering: If you are able to forward email to a script, then Subscriber Pro can be configured to catch emails that have bounced back. Then, at your discretion, you can delete the addresses that have bounced from your lists.
- Multiple Mail Programs: Subscriber Pro
supports both Sendmail and Blat. So, whether you're running Unix or
Windows doesn't matter. Plus, support for other programs is easy to
- Query-Based Subscription: Not only can
people be subscribed using a form, but they can also now be
subscribed by simply providing a properly formatted URL to
subscriber.cgi! The query-based subscription option includes
support for ALL of the fields that the form does. This is useful if
you already have user information and you want to let them
subscribe by simply clicking a link.
- Multi-List Un/Subscribe: You can allow
your members (through a form) to subscribe or unsubscribe from
multiple lists at once! Plus, confirmation by email works for
multi-list subscriptions and unsubscriptions!
- HTML/Plain Text Messages & Subscriber
Options: A potential subscriber can choose whether they want to
receive HTML or plain text messages (or, you can force them to
subscribe to the one you want with a hidden field). You can also
choose if you even want to send HTML messages. If you elect to, the
HTML subscribers will receive the HTML message, and the others will
receive the plain text version. If all you want to send is plain
text, then all of your subscribers will receive that email (even
the HTML subscribers). You can also force the script to send HTML
to all users.
- Additional and Unlimited Subscriber
Information: You can allow subscribers to add their name,
mailing address, and phone number. Plus, the exact date and time of
when they were added to the list is recorded! Futhermore, you can
add as many other fields as you want! So, if you wanted to know a
subscriber's job, title, position, nickname, or whatever, you can
now add a "slot" for it within the script, and collect the
information. Plus, you can even include the information in outgoing
- Subscriber Grouping: You can manage
demographic information with no problems in NP Subscriber PRO.
Group subscribers after they've subscribed based on a certain
field, search for subscribers matching certain information to place
in a group, or have the script group them as they subscribe. Create
targeted mailings all within the same list!
- Complete Subscriber Control: You can
unsubscribe, ban, and view/edit the information of any subscribers
from one screen! Plus, what information that is immediately
displayed about each member can be configured, and you can sort by
- Search Subscribers: Have a large list?
Don't want to scroll through the whole subscriber's list to find
the two people on your list from a certain domain? Well then, just
search the subscriber list for that domain. You'll get the same
results you would from the list screen, but in a narrowed-down
- Un/Subscribe SPAM Guard: Prevent somebody
from entering an email address and constantly clicking subscribe
(or unsubscribe)! When a person requests to be subscribed (if you
require it), they're required to authenticate the email address
they have entered by getting a special code from an email that is
sent to them. This leaves the door open for somebody to constantly
submit requests for the same address, causing them to be spammed.
However, with SPAM guard, the person is required to wait a certain
amount of time (which you choose) between requests. The same thing
applies when somebody requests to be unsubscribed from a list.
- Unsubscribed Member Tracking: The
information from people that have left a list is stored. If they
subscribe again, the script will greet them as a returning
- Ban Domains: Don't want people using free
email accounts to sign up? Simply ban email addresses with free
mail domains such as Hotmail and Yahoo.
- Plugins: Plugins allow Subscriber Pro to be
expanded by providing a simple interface for programmers. Check out
the plugins page to see what is currently available.