Outgoing Email Address Formatting Issue

Discussion related to NP Subscriber.

Outgoing Email Address Formatting Issue

Postby Using Subscriber Script » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:37 am

Hi,

I am having a slight problem with the variable edit portion of the admin system.

No matter what I put in as my email address (ie - me@me.com) it reformats it and puts a "\" before the "@" symbol (ie - me\@me.com). This is preventing it from sending messages through my host's sendmail system.

I know a little about PERL coding, but am not able to find the problem in the subscriber.cgi file.

Any suggestions? You can email me at aerosynth929@yahoo.com if you like... I am not really sure when I will be able to get back here to check this board.

Thanks,
~ Tim

BTW - I am very pleased with the script except for the issue with my outgoing email address. THis script, though, is EXACTLY what I was looking for and has worked out perfect. Thanks!
Using Subscriber Script

Postby Admin-BS » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:08 am

I'm a little confused here about the exact problem.

In the vars.txt file the address should be formatted with a \ before the @. Are you saying that it is attempting to send this address out, and that that in turn is causing a mailing failure?

One thing you might try... Change the variable manually in vars.txt and change it to:
Code: Select all
$admin = 'me@me.com';

(Note the use of single quotes.) This is a long shot... but it may help...
Admin-BS
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:59 pm

Thanks for your reply. I probably should have said that more clearly, nut I wrote that late last night so I was pretty tired, LOL.

I know that the "\" is supposed to be there on the code end. The prob is that it is showing up on the interface end, too, and is being sent out when I am trying to send a message through the admin system. It is formatting it as "me@\me.com." Obviously my web hosting service is rejecting that because it is not a valid email address.

I will try editing the vars.txt file like you said, and will follow up with you later. I have no problem letting you log in to it and take a look if you have the time, by the way. I just figured if you had a quick suggestion I might be able to do it myself.

Thanks for your help, and I will let you know how editing the vars.txt file works.

~ Tim

Return to Subscriber