not all emails sent

Discussion related to NP Subscriber Pro.

not all emails sent

Postby spiltink » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:13 pm

Today, I sent my first email and only about 750 were sent, but there are 1200 in my mailing list. I have multiple accounts one AOL, one Gmail, and one from our server. The only one I recieved was my server based email. Any thoughts?

Tony
spiltink

Postby Admin-BS » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:52 pm

It is entirely possible that your server killed the send, or the operation ended up using too many resources, or it ran over an allowed run time and timed out.

Sorry I can't be much more useful, but it's really hard to tell what causes a problem like that. You're not the first to have the problem though. But unfortunately, I don't really know how to address it. Once again, my apologies.
Admin-BS
Site Admin

Postby spiltink » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:06 am

is there a way to throttle it?
spiltink

Postby Admin-BS » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:50 am

There is no way to throttle it within the script. I'm sure there exist solutions on the server side of things, but I'm really not familiar with any off the top of my head.
Admin-BS
Site Admin

Patch/Revision request

Postby Jeff » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:18 pm

I am having the same problem, a few addresses get the e-mail but not all. I never get them. This results in me having to manually "extract" my list from the subscribers.txt file and send an e-mail manually. One revision I request is the ability to export the subscribers list to a text file compatible with copying and pasting into the BCC: field of e-mail. Right now, there are colons and strings of numbers. If the script could export to merely the addresses with a semi-colon and space, it would allow manual sends.

I love how the script allows users to subscribe and unsubscribe themselves, just can't get it to send a message!

Thanks,
Jeff@savoryentree.com
Jeff

Return to Subscriber Pro