HTML Newslwtter

Discussion related to NP Subscriber.

HTML Newslwtter

Postby strategy7 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:19 pm

I have installed Subscriber and work well but when I try to send an email with html format the preview work well but when I receive in my email application I receive just the html code. I receive others html newsletter from other mailing list so I'm sure the problem is not with my email client.
Any suggestion?
I installed subscriber on Linux 2.6.15.1 and I use sendmail

TIA

Fiore
strategy7.net
strategy7

Postby Admin-BS » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:24 pm

Yeah... This is the result of a bug that I thought was long gone. But, apparently I was just imagining that I had fixed it... Anyway... this problem only occurs when you would preview the message. The fact that you chose HTML in the previous form doesn't get carried over through the preview, and so when you sent the message, it defaulted to plain text.

Go ahead and download Subscriber again. Upload the new subscriber.cgi that's now in that file, and that should fix the problem.
Admin-BS
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:53 am

Go ahead and download Subscriber again. Upload the new subscriber.cgi that's now in that file, and that should fix the problem.[/quote]

Ty very much now the script work fine. Ihave another question: if I have a mailing list of 1000 users and my server have the limit of 100 email per hour can I set the script to send the first 100 email for example at 1:00 , others 100 at 2:00 and so on ??

Ty very much again

Postby Admin-BS » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:42 pm

http://npscripts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17#17

There is a suggestion in the above post on adding sleep() to the send process as a possible way to do this. It may or may not work.

Unfortunately, at this time, this is no form of scheduling built into either version of Subscriber.
Admin-BS
Site Admin

Return to Subscriber