Create lists

Discussion related to NP Subscriber Pro.

Create lists

Postby Anonymous » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:53 am

I have been using subscriber and thought I'd take advantage of subscriber pro with it's extra list feature, but cannot get the newlist sub-routine to work. It doesn't seem to be there
Any help appreciated
Anonymous

Postby Admin-BS » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:44 pm

To add a new list you need to log in under the admin.cgi script. This is where you go to change anything to do with the script as a whole, and not just one individual list. Have you tried this?
Admin-BS
Site Admin

Postby Anonymous » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:23 pm

Thanks. Didn't know that
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:30 am

Well I was able to create lists, and add the form generator plugin, but when I run form generator and click generate it just keeps on cycling through IP error page. I copied the IP it says that doesn't match into the ip files, but no good

Any suggestions - maybe on deleting the IP check completely?

Thanks
Anonymous

Postby Admin-BS » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:38 am

Are you running the form generator plugin through the admin.cgi or subscriber.cgi script? There are some problems with plugins sometimes when you run them in the admin.cgi script.

As far as bypassing IP checking, you really don't want to do that. It's the primary method preventing somebody from just spoofing a form and accessing your lists.

But... if you really want to do it... you can just open up the script... search for "sub check_ip" and insert at the top of subroutine:
return 1;

This should bypass it.
Admin-BS
Site Admin

Return to Subscriber Pro