SubscriberPro data base to SQL

Discussion related to NP Subscriber Pro.

SubscriberPro data base to SQL

Postby Dave of Maryland » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:15 pm

I need to convert an existing SubscriberPro database to SQL. I tried doing this from my existing program, but the switch, SQL YES/NO refused to stay at YES. So I reuploaded the program and went through firstrun.cgi all over again. Got it all linked up to my ISP's SQL server, etc.

But now I can't access my original mailing list. How to port an existing subscribers.txt list to sql?

Many thanks -

Dave
Dave of Maryland

Re: SubscriberPro data base to SQL

Postby Dave of Maryland » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:33 am

So if you do a new installation and select MSQL for the default data base, you can't go backwards & get a previous database.

If you use SubscriberPro's own database, you can't change that to an SQL database later, as the SQL option at Edit Script Variables won't stick. Having set the SQL variable in firstrun.cgi, I know what is supposed to happen next, but it doesn't.

Go to List Subscribers where CTRL A will select them all & CTRL C will copy them to the clipboard, but with line feeds that are impossible, so far as I am aware, to work with. I am unable to reduce it to a simple text file that would be importable anywhere else.
Dave of Maryland

Return to Subscriber Pro