A small activation error

Discussion related to NP Subscriber Pro.

A small activation error

Postby Vitality » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Hey, i'd like to thank you for making the pro version free. It's absolutely amazing and works perfectly for what i need. however there is 1 small error that im trying to fix when subscribers have to activate their accounts.

The message comes in fine but when users click on the link it says:
In Firefox:
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /cgi-bin/activate.cgi could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

In Internet Explorer:
Internet Explorer cannot read this webpage format

It is not until they actually go into the Address bar on the browser and hit "Enter" on their keyboard that it will activate the account.

I realize that the url has a random id number like this: /cgi-bin/activate.cgi?3132131910231219 is it the host site that is not able to read the ?{id} part? or is something else wrong?

Or do i have permissions wrong on the activate.cgi file? (755)

Vitality

Re: A small activation error

Postby Admin-BS » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:08 pm

This might be the result of some security configurations on your host. I don't know what about the request would be causing that problem. If there are any server logs available it might be worth looking into those to see if there are any useful error messages when that script is run.
Admin-BS
Site Admin

Re: A small activation error

Postby Vitality » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:24 pm

Oh ok, i thought that was probably the reason
But thats okay, ill be switching hosts soon anyways, it was just a temporary site just to set everything up first and make sure it worked

thank you
Vitality

Return to Subscriber Pro